Japan Economic Trend Research
July 16, 2019
- About half of companies responded, “There will be no last-minute demand.” -
Although the consumption tax rate was supposed to be raised to 10% in October 2015 according to the Revised Consumption Tax Act of 2012, the consumption tax rate increase was postponed twice,...
July 12, 2019
- While deterioration in manufacturing continues, last-minute demand appeared in part of the retail
（Companies researched: 23,632; Valid responses: 9,977; Response rate: 42.2%; Survey start date: May 2002)
Overview of May 2019: Possibility of entering a recession phase
June 12, 2019
- Negatively affected by the US-China trade conflict
and the long holidays.
（Companies researched: 23,169; Valid responses: 9,555; Response rate: 41.2%; Survey start date: May 2002)
The economic diffusion inde...
May 20, 2019
- Due to the long holidays and election,
as well as “construction” exerting downward pressure -
（Companies researched: 23,174; Valid responses: 9,775; Response rate: 42.2%; Survey start date: May 2002)
Overview of April 2019: Signs of entering a recession phase
May 9, 2019
- Domestic economy has worsened for four months in a row
（Companies researched: 23,181; Valid responses: 9,712; Response rate: 41.9%; Survey start date: May 2002)
Overview of March 2019: Signs of entering a recession phase
The economic diffusion index (DI) in March 2019 w...
44.1% of companies consider it should be implemented as scheduled, but antagonize those with negative views
Domestic economy has worsened for seven months in a row